I received an email from Hopeful62 and she's worried that her relationship with her husband will change if she is longer-term sober. She asks about having defined roles in a relationship, and then maybe being sober changes that (presumably in a bad way).
So my reply?
Well it includes a bit of:
These aren’t bad things :)
- What if the changes are positive?
- What if we evolve into a better version of ourselves? Slightly less irritated, slightly less anxious.
- You may have better boundaries and speak up for yourself more.
And then I say this quote, but you'll have to listen to the audio to find out why... “I don’t give a shit for a millisecond what my husband thinks of croissants.”
- SP45 Here’s What I Need From You > www.gum.co/sp045
- Mini-Course: How to Quit Drinking When Your Husband Still Drinks > https://www.tiredofthinkingaboutdrinking.com/husband.htm
hugs, belle xo
Recorded October 29, 2020 in Burlington, Vermont
You've purchased this product
See it in your libraryView in Library
We charged your card and sent you a receipt
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.